Amazing facts about Russia, what are they?
People often ask;
What are the amazing fact about Russia?
Is Russian amazing?
Is anything really amazing about Russia?
But, amazingly, Russia is an amazing country, historically, culturally and socially you just need a visit to be convinced.
But for the case of specificity, i’d streamline this topic to detail the amazing historical facts i found about Russia.
Yes! Russia is amazing country, But nobody will tell you that which makes Russia one of the most amazing countries.
Without further ado, pour yourself a cup of warm coffee strap your seat belt while I cruise you through the amazing facts about Russia.
It’s going to worth your time.
Amazing facts about Russia
Today, most People indeed, often refer to Russia as European. To be specific enough, Russia is a Eurasian country.
This means in other words, a country that cuts across Europe and Asia.
Similarly, people oftentimes refer to modern Russia as the USSR. Whereas, Russia was just one of the countries in the Soviet Union.
When infact, 15 countries formed the Soviet union.
The countries is as follows;
Russia runs on a federal system of government. Also, a Presidential system of government.
Each region is overseen by a governor. While, the have Mayors oversee the cities in their regions
Indeed, Russia is the largest country in the world by landmass.
Owing to that, a reasonable portion has a large forest of trees. Equally, placing Russia as the world largest producer of timber.
Further, Moscow is the largest city in Europe and of the most visited cities in Europe and Eurasia.
On the other hand, Russia is secular country. But predominantly Orthodox.
Also, Russia comprises 185 ethnic groups.
Moreover, Russia is the 5th largest Economy in Europe. Also, the 5th largest purchasing power in the world, a’d 11th largest in nominal GDP.
1. Seat of power
Just like the seat of Power in Nigeria is in the center of Nigeria. Called Aso rock.
America’s seat of power is called the white house.
So in that manner, Russia’s seat of political power is in the center of Moscow.
It’s called the Kremlin!
2. Military techs and firepower
In contrast, Russia is home to one of the world’s largest military powers. Also, a leader in the world’s military technology company.
Additionally, Russia is birth home of AK-47. It is also named after the inventor, Mikhail Kalashnikov.
Also, Russia is one of the world leaders in Nuclear arsenals and air space security technology.
3. Industry, science & tech
Russia is a leading key player in the manufacturing of aircraft. They also manufacture key specific airplane parts for the American giant Boeing.
Russia has it’s own indigenous flight company, Aeroflot and more.
The first man in space is a Russian- his name is Yuri Gagarin
Valentina Tereshkova is the first woman in space
Laika is the first animal to successfully orbit the earth.
4. National Holidays in Russia
May 9 in Russia is a holiday in remembrance of the victory day over the Nazi Germany,1945 in World war II.
Christmas in Russia is celebrated January 7th.
Nevertheless, Russia celebrates two New Year; New year on January 1. Also, the old New year base on the Julian calendar (Old style).
Russians often celebrates the old New year (Starri Novi god) on the 14th of January every year.
International women’s day is also a holiday in Russia often observed on the 8th of March every year.
Other amazing facts about Russia
- A Russian scientist considered the world’s famous chemist Mendeleev Dmitri Ivanovich developed the periodic table.
- The coldest city in the world is in Russia Yakutsk, in the Siberian Region.
- Russia is the birthplace of Vodka. And the Russian Vodka is the best in best in the world.
- Russia’s most renowned Poet, Alexander Pushkin has a maternal relation in West Africa.
- The Russian Language is the 8th most spoken language in the world. Also, the first spoken language in space.
- Yuri Garin was the first man in the world to Orbit Earth. (The first man in space).
- The First woman in space is Valentina Tereshkova
- Laika the space dog was a Russian street dog that became the first animal in the world to successfully orbit the earth.
- The ruble is Russia’s National currency
- Russia is the home to one of the world most famous and oldest Museum;
Hermitage Museum – St. Petersburg, Russia. Historically, the construction of the building that houses the museum started in 1754. Afterward, completed in 1762.
Presently, the museum is ranked 8th in worlds most visited museum.
Also, Kunstkamera – St. Petersburg, Russia. Is another World oldest Museum.
- LADA is Russia’s indigenous automobile company.
- Russia has the world’s largest timber production
- Popov is the inventor radio
- Sakharov, the father of the Soviet hydrogen bomb
- Lobachevsky, the founder of non-Euclidean geometry and Roche geometry
- Korolev is the pioneer of the human space industry,. He was the head of the Soviet space industry, the founder of the Soviet rocket, and the first satellite of mankind. The Soviet government named a city after him
- Landau, a Soviet physicist, founder of the condensed matter physics, Landau has made groundbreaking contributions in physics. He went on to be the winner of the Nobel Prize in Physics
- Konstantin Tsiolkovsky, the father of rockets and the founder of human spaceflight
The Fighting Nation
The Chinese often refer to Russia as a fighting Nation. This isn’t translated into a hostile title but a dear admiration of the fearless and powerful Russians.
Here is an amazing fact why the Chinese refers to Russia as “The fighting nation.”
Russia is one the countries in the world that has experienced more wars more than any other country in the world.
Russia has been invaded by the Poles, French, British the Turks and Germans. But However, non of Russia’s invader was able to conquer Russia.
In other words Russia has suffered more wars that any other country on planet earth and resisted all through persistence.